Sunday 18 July 2010

Normal Service will be resumed... I promise

No time to blog, no time to write my diary even. My poor lovely old dad is still clinging on but it's only a matter of a very, very short time.... I've been spending every free moment at the hospital in the last two weeks, and now by his bedside at home where he's been despatched to eke out his last few days. He has nursing care, but there's nothing more to be done.

I am sorry, gentle reader - even if I had the time, I don't really have the heart for blogging right now. It's all too painful to watch. At least when Great Aunt Dolores went (over Niagara Falls in a barrel, if you recall) we had no time to ponder upon life's great cruelties. No time even for chilling the champagne - because, unlike with my dad, her departure called for the popping of a few corks if anyone's did.

So, normal service will be resumed soon. Quite, quite soon.

Until then......

No comments: