Wednesday 1 September 2010

Ever Fattened

Oh, even though all the stress is meant to have gone from my life, there's still too much to do! I've been very busy tying up loose ends and getting bills paid, and other stuff - people demand so much of my time that I might as well be back at work, really.

Anyway, you will be pleased to know that I am putting up "two fingers" to it all and am taking myself off to Cornwall for a few days. There I will be able to do absolutely nothing and can be pampered by my dear friends while the spinning, chaotic world of responsibility tumbles away behind me. My aim is to go fishing on the sea, eat ice cream and Cornish pasties, and drink lots of red wine (oh, by the way, I'm drinking Swiss vodka right now - I don't know if you've ever drunk Swiss vodka, but it's absolutely delicious - who knew that the Swiss could make vodka better than the Russians or the Finns?). So yes, some serious R&R is in order, and I don't care what happens back home.

The trouble is, I aim to be leaving home at about eight o'clock tomorrow morning and it's nearly midnight now and I haven't packed a thing. I'm also attending a very smart society wedding on Saturday (in Devon) so I should really be thinking about packing some smart attire. And planning my route too. Oh, bugger! It would seem that I can't get the badly-needed R&R right now. More stress.

I went over to cut my dad's lawns today (he died recently, and although that should have relieved some of the stress, I still have to tend to his garden - accidentally I have killed his tomatoes in the greenhouse, which I am sure he would be cross about). We've had such deliciously hot weather today that it brings to mind the phrase "Indian Summer" although of course, such a thing does not exist.

I'll update you from Cornwall. No doubt with a much-expanded waistline!

Toodle pip!

No comments: