Wednesday 7 November 2007

Sleep

No time for a proper blog today – even if I had anything interesting to say – because I’m off to Birmingham to do some real work and then I’m driving to Southampton for my daughter’s graduation ceremony. Should be good and at least the weather looks promising. In fact this weather is remarkable, don’t you think? It’s November and we’re still sitting outside the Broadway in the evenings (well, not right now of course). The Government’s anti-smoking campaign doesn’t seem to have worked so far.

At least I’ve finally finished my piece that is going to be read by an actor at next week’s Writing Showcase evening. We’re holding a session in a local bookshop where members of the Writers’ Studio will have some work read out by an actor to a paying audience – all a bit daunting if the audience don’t like it! We’ve organized some free wine to try to get them to be more receptive, so hopefully it will go without a hitch.

I’m rather tired this morning. I can’t sleep properly these days, even on nights when I don’t get disturbed by that damned cat. I think I’ve lost the habit. Maybe I ought to take more whisky with the cocoa. Hic!

No comments: