Wednesday 30 July 2008

I'm Ready!

I have many reasons to be angry today (not least with myself), but I’m not going to let those reasons get in the way of all the good news that’s also coming my way. I’m feeling quite positive right now - much more positive than I’ve felt in a long time, and certainly more so than I was feeling on Monday. Birthdays always bring me down a little – for although we partied and celebrated raucously for three solid days, birthdays also bring a time for introspection and for recognizing the awful truth that yet another year has gone by with very little achieved. The New Year also has the same effect on me. But, they’re only dates, and shouldn’t be considered any more worthy a time for introspection than any other. This is why we should all read Eckhart Tolle’s ‘The Power of Now’ and learn that there is no looking back; no looking forward. We just have this moment in time; the one we’re in right now. That’s all there is, and we just need to make it a good one. Hmm, I haven't read that book for a while - must dig it out.

Anyway, I’ve just learned that my dear Papa has been moved from Intensive Care earlier than expected, following his major surgery on Monday. The medical wallahs are all very pleased with what they have described as his ‘wonderful progress’, so they’ve put him back on a normal ward. I can’t wait to see him later – he’s a survivor my dad, that he is. He’s rather excited because he takes delivery of his new car on Friday (it was ordered before he knew about the surgery). Pity he won’t be able to drive it for a while, but at 87 years old, there probably aren’t many excitements in life for him. At least he’ll be able to sit in it on the drive and twiddle with the knobs until the time comes when he can take it for a spin. Apparently, it’s smaller, but more powerful, than his last one. Hmm.

I’ve just realized that today is the day for posting my VAT return. Oh dear, I’d better get on with it before Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs come knocking on my door. However, I have a bit of a disappointment for Her Maj – this quarter, my business has done so badly that she actually owes me money instead of the other way round! How about that, eh?

Seems like it’s a good day all round. Tra la la!

Now, if I can just remember where I left my Happy Head....

No comments: