Wednesday 24 June 2009

Buon Viaggio!

Well, I have been neglecting you recently - unfortunately I've been rather busy. As well as having to work for a living (how rude is that?) I've also been entertaining the Red Army in my apartment. They're a rowdy bunch - they don't eat much, but by god, do they drink! The man down at the bottle bank has given me a season ticket now. I had to throw them out in the end (the Red Army, that is, not the bottles).

Then, I spent the whole of Saturday stage-managing the fabulous 'Star Factor' show which was exhausting, but huge fun. Everyone enjoyed the most spectacular display of son et lumiere and some really enthusiastic singing (yes, there is a euphamism in there). Anyway, the evening was a huge success and we succeeded in raising almost £3,000 for cherry-tee.

Can't write more, dear reader, as I'm about to leave for Italy. We're going to my nephew's wedding which should be a most elegant and joyous occasion. Luckily, the entire family is gathering on the shores of Lake Garda which hopefully might put my Great Aunt Dolores (with whom I'm travelling) on slightly better behaviour than usual. She's always a bit quiet when presented with members of (as she calls it) the 'better side of the family'. I still don't think it will stop her from slipping a Mickey Finn to the priest and trying to look under his cassock. Her usual trick, when in the company of men of a religious bent.

Full report on my return. Arrivederci!


No comments: