Thursday 6 November 2008

The Glee Club

They're still at it – those buggers in the newsrooms of the world. Always trying to talk us down instead of telling us about those lovely fields of kittens; revelling in the doom & gloom that they themselves are delivering to us! It's quite scandalous, and I am seriously thinking of smashing my TV and radio (if it weren't for the fact that I'd miss the sparklingly written and fabulously acted 'Hollyoaks', and also 'The Archers'). Well, I for one am going to stick my fingers in my ears and begin to sing 'la la la' whilst skipping across the meadow with a happy smile on my face. If everyone were to do this, there would be no further black news to come and we would be saved. I've said this before – why don't these politicians and journalists understand anything about collective consciousness? We are what we think, and if we think despair, we'll have despair delivered to us. It's as plain as a pikestaff - if I can see it, why can't they?

Anyway, I'm off to Switzerland in the morning (so won't be blogging for a few days). I haven't been there for about eighteen months so I'm greatly looking forward to my trip. Switzerland is a great place to be – it's much cheaper than the Eurozone these days and everyone is very cheerful and polite. It's no myth either, that the trains run on time – they really do! I've been packing my suitcase tonight – I've never been much of a light traveller and as usual, it's been a struggle trying to stay within my baggage allowance. One thing I'm definitely taking with me is my teeth jet-washer – it's fabulous and I love it, despite the mess caused (imagine how it is when you jet-wash your car). I'm also looking forward (although shame-faced emoticon should appear here) to smoking inside bars. Switzerland – in line with most of Europe - introduced a ban on smoking in public places in July. However, it was discovered in mid-October that the parliamentary vote for this was undemocratic and the law was repealed. Apparently, within an hour of this news breaking, restaurants and bars were putting ashtrays back onto tables and immediately everyone was smoking away as if nothing had ever happened. I'm actually not that bothered, but the sheer Toytown lunacy of the situation appeals to me enormously, so I shall light up with glee!

And glee is what we need more of. Has anyone thought of telling the governments of the world that this entire so-called crisis might just have been avoided if only they'd have promoted more glee? Just a thought.... (smiley face emoticon should appear here)

No comments: