Monday 16 July 2007

Take me to the duckpond!

Do you know, I don't know what's going on, but something is. The other day I was standing at a Number 79 bus stop and I thought: "I wonder if a bus will come along soon?" And do you know what? Within ten minutes, one did! Spooky, eh? But what really scared me was this: The number on the front? You've guessed it – 79!! And 7 plus 9 makes 16 which just happens to be the exact same number as the one on the door of a flat just along the corridor from me. Wow!

Things like this happen to me all the time. Take last week for example. I was watching the film Bourne Supremacy which stars Matt Damon. I tell you, I went all hot and bothered when I realized that I used to know a bloke a few years back whose name was… Damon. This means something, I'm sure of it. It's even more scary when you think that I was at the Broadway last week watching Paris je t'aime (rather a strange film by the way, I don't think it works really) when I remembered that as a teenager, I used to have a Maurice Chevalier record. The title? Right again! Paris je flipping t'aime!!! These coincidences don't happen without a reason.

I hardly dare open my front door tomorrow. It's Tuesday 17th July. And guess what day the 17th April fell on? You've got it! A Tuesday!! Gedditt???

Do I have the power, or what?

2 comments:

Ms A said...

Lol. You are a bad man Mr Pilgrim. A funny man, though. :)

Richard Pilgrim said...

Don't blame me - it's my ego taking over. Aaagghh!

:)