Wednesday 13 August 2008

Finding Beauty

Blimey, life isn’t half complicated at the moment. I’m so ridiculously busy that I wouldn’t have time to do any paid work, even if I had any. It would be far, far too lacklustre of me to list the things I have to get done here, but it seems that the list is never-ending. And it’s funny, but this catalogue of chores covers all kind of topics - from the artistic, to things of a business nature, to the more mundane, and then to the really humdrum domestic-type stuff such as cleaning windows and toilets etc. All I know is that there are far too many items on that damned list, especially for one single person to do.

Anyway, today I was at least able to tick off one important item (and I’m ignoring the fact that two others were added). I finished the synopses for the series of plays that I am hoping to write for the Unleashed project: ‘Finding Beauty’. Sarah, the driving force behind the project, seemed satisfied with what I have written so far. The synopses detail the five separate plays, four of which are individual (i.e. stand-alone) and yet are also inter-connected (where one scene from the previous play appears in the next play, but from a different perspective – think Stoppard’s ‘Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead’ but probably not quite so clever, although perhaps strangely appropriate because two of the recurring characters are twins who get each other confused, as did R&G), and the fifth play is the dénouement that brings the whole thing together. As I’ve said, the project is called ‘Finding Beauty’ and the inspiration behind it is Unleashed, so the final play is entitled ‘Beauty Unleashed’ and involves more than its fair share of chains, whips, gimp suits, smoke and mirrors. It ought to be fun. Now all we need is the funding to get them written! Hmm, easier said than done but if Sarah can’t do it, then nobody can.

Anyway, with that mini-project out of the way, it is now perhaps time to turn to the completion of another of my pet ventures – namely, my forthcoming play entitled ‘The Great Tullamore Balloon Disaster of 1785’.

Tally ho, my beauties!

No comments: