Friday 24 October 2008

Pesky Mad Scientists

I have a suspicion that those pesky old boffins at CERN have switched the machine back on, without telling us. This week has seen some rather fractured events taking place and I sense that the normal flow of life has been zig-zagged by some haphazard phenomena. I won't go into details, but I've had an uncomfortable week and the new life that I was planning has been somewhat disrupted. I think I can blame the machine for that – after all, I am nothing if not skilful in my actions and thoughts, so it can't be my fault. I have been really busy this week - not least, putting a huge amount of effort into arranging the Studio's move to new premises (all unpaid, of course). However, it's all coming together nicely. I shall be relieved when it's all over though, because I can then hand over to the Studio's new coordinator whose responsibility it will be to deal with all ongoing administrative matters (paid, of course - not that I'm bitter).

It's a queer fact that in the very week when I've also made massive inroads into sorting out my own paperwork (and my previously chaotic life), they should turn the machine back on and thereby attempt to thwart my efforts. This has not been without its frustrations, I can tell you. I feel as if I've been walking through treacle and the whole sorry business has left me feeling drained and exhausted. I need a break really – a break from this paperwork and a break from the mad, dancing social flurry that is Hockley Life. I wish I could get out of town for a few days. As they say in Spanish, no necesito mas atestar en mi vida.

On another matter, I notice that the postcode with the fourth highest record of burglaries in the whole country is NG8. Hmm, I'm not quite sure which area of Nottingham this is (I live in NG1 – the postcode that is, not the gay nightclub), but I'm disappointed by this statistic. Come on you burglars – stop it! People have precious few possessions as it is, without you stealing them, and even though I've said that I'd like to escape for a few days, I still want Nottingham to be a nice place to live. Don't we all?


No comments: